After almost two months of planning, impulsive sticker ordering, logo designing, writing, and meeting, our team is proud to present: the Vancouver VR Community online platform.
We dedicate this to the local VR community because your enthusiasm and work have inspired us. Vancouver is known for its cheap sushi, yoga pants, and fine outdoors, but it’s time that we let our little virtual reality hub shine. Let us take you for a little tour:
- About: Learn a little bit about our goals, our platforms, and our team.
- Featured: A showcase of the latest and greatest as well as upcoming projects from local developers and studios.
- Calendar: A collective event calendar of VR related events happening around town put on by various groups and organizations. Feel free to add the calendar to your own Google calendar.
- Ecosystem: A comprehensive directory of local virtual reality developers, 360 film studios, businesses, and other VR meetups and networking opportunities.
- Resources: One major goal that our team has is to empower our members to have the ability to create their own VR content. This is going to live here.
- Blog: While “blog” sounds self-explanatory, we want to establish a monthly newsletter-type recap of highlights and things to look out for in the following month.
We have big dreams, and we want to support and promote your dreams too.
Now, what do we need from you?
Participation! Banter! Suggestions! YOU!!!
We need you!
We wouldn’t be able to build this without you and we still need your help:
- Join our discussion on Discord and Facebook
- Tell us about your upcoming projects
- Submit your events to our Facebook calendar
- Tell us how you learned to create for VR
- Tweet at us your thoughts, or if you need support
For now, we’ll catch you in the metaverse, and see you ’round town space cowboy.